This year’s “Party with a Purpose” includes (furnished from the press release):
• Live and silent auction of original artwork by RAW participants.
• “Sponsor a Kid” program – Your chance to directly sponsor a young artist throughout their year-long discovery of creativity and community at RAW.
• Hors d’oeuvres by Fireside Catering, plus complimentary wine and beer, donated by Boston Beer Company.
• Live Music by the ACME Blues Band.
• Gallery viewing of the new RAW exhibit, Let’s Face It. From the youngest of our elementary schools artists up to our teenage RAW Chiefs, we asked our artists, “What are you facing?” Using a range of materials that include wood, plaster, ink, and paints, RAW kids are vibrantly expressing their views on and experiences with topics that include bullying, having a voice, being sexually objectified, and encountering prejudice.
• Screenings of new work by RAW’s nationally acclaimed Real to Reel film school.
• Enter to win a painting by one of RAW’s most distinguished alumni artists, Angela Santora! The winner will be announced at the BASH but does not need to be present. Preview the raffle art at http://www.rawartworks.org. Tickets will be $100 and may be purchased in advance—only 50 tickets will be sold!
Tickets are only $50. To purchase your tickets, please visit www.rawartworks.org or http://bash2010.eventbrite.com. TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE BY FRIDAY, MAY 14th AND WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR.
A nationally-recognized youth arts organization, RAW has pursued its mission to ignite the desire to create and the confidence to succeed since its founding in 1988. At RAW kids are inspired to create extraordinary works of art, a strong community, and life-affirming futures. Here they learn that they matter, they have a place, a voice. At RAW kids make art that is powerful and beautiful and that helps them to find meaning in their often difficult and chaotic lives. RAW is also the place where they can relax and feel safe, where they can envision and pursue a better life. RAW has the courage to care deeply about our kids’ lives and to seek every opportunity to help them succeed.
In its 22nd year, RAW remains committed to three key goals — excellence in programming; sustained financial strength; and the development and retention of a creative, inspired, and satisfied staff. We see RAW as a vital creative force and culturally unifying presence in the Lynn community and as a respected leader and innovator in the youth art and youth development fields.
Over 1,200 youth aged 6-19 attend RAW’s free programs each year. RAW offers visual and expressive arts groups, an award-winning film school, leadership development opportunities and teen employment. Through Project Launch, mentors from the community guide RAW’s high school juniors and seniors through the daunting college admissions and financial aid process.
This event is generously supported by Bank of America, the Daily Item of Lynn, Eastern Bank, Fireside Catering, Boston Beer Company, New England BioLabs, and Pioneer Investments.