It’s time already for the second installment of LynnHappen’s Weekend Rundown, a cooperative effort by members of The North Shore Blogger Consortium. At the end of the post, you’ll find links to picks from other participating North Shore blogs.
As always, the complete list is on the right side and in the calendar.
Dan Margarita will perform songs from his CD, “Kinda Pregnant,” at Walnut Street Cafe, 157 Walnut Street. He is joined by singer-songwriter Nick Zaino III. 8:30pm. No cover.
1. Bids and Bites at the Lynn Museum. Annual auction and food tasting. Music by Tony Gallo. “Auction items include a trip for four to the Aruba Surf Club!” 590 Washington St. 7:00pm / member’s preview 6:30pm
2. This weekend is a two-fer at Walnut Street. Why? Because LynnHappens favors original music over cover bands (mostly). Local favorite Kristina Musto “16 year old powerhouse singer and songwriter” is there at 8pm. No cover.
1. Check out the T Dance at 47 Central with DJ Allen, starting 5:00pm.
2. As always, Don White’s Open Mic on Walnut St. 6pm.
3. Where are the good Sunday Blues Jams these days? LH wants to know from its readers.
Jane Ward writes fiction and is the author of Hunger (Forge, 2001) and The Mosaic Artist (to be released). She is currently at work on her third novel, The Welcome Home. She also writes about food – in a weekly blog called Food and Fiction, and as a contributing writer to the online regional food magazine, Local In Season – because she loves to cook and eat. And so does everyone she knows.
Food For Thought- Heather Atwood
As a painter and writer, Heather Atwood spent a lot of time waiting on tables in great restaurants. While struggling with color and line, she was also learning how to roast a great chicken, and what it means to balance textures in a dish. She’s been interested in good food ever since. Married, the mother of two daughters, Heather now lives in Rockport, Mass. and is the food columnist for the Gloucester Daily Times. She is featured regularly in Taste of the Times videos and her writing can also be seen in the Wednesday food section of the Times.
Good Morning Gloucester brings you the best of Gloucester MA and surrounding communities. From the docks to the restaurants, the sporting fields to the art scene and anything in between, if it’s happening in Gloucester it’s generally covered on GMG.
North Shore Dish is your guide to restaurants and all things food related on the North Shore. Whether it’s gourmet dining or a hole-in-the-wall, if these gals have tasted it, they’ll dish up the inside scoop.
The Two Palaverers are the husband and wife team of Rob and Laura Ciampa, two passionate New Englanders who have spent decades exploring the highways and byways of New England in search of regional character, culture and cuisine. Their goal is to recognize the people, places and things that exemplify the character of New England. Join them as they palaver about New England.