Let’s start the weekend with Thursday, 10-28
1. Who’s scared of a little vegetable garden? A few abutters of the Ingalls School, apparently. To fair, I don’t know if it’s the corn that stalks or the gourds that keep them up at night, nor does this editor fully know both sides of the story. But it is known that the School Committee will determine whether to terminate The Food Project’s lease at their meeting, which takes place 5:30pm at the Tiger’s Den (first floor of the LVTI Annex), 90 Commercial Street. Area blogs are buzzing with support for the Food Project, and some dormant blogs have risen from the grave in anger. There’s even a petition. But on these internets, the garden’s opposition has been eerily silent. Costumes are optional.
2. Central Scares Haunted House at LynnArts, 25 Exchange St., runs from 5 to 8pm with complimentary activities at the Lynn Museum next door. Also, visit TLGUTS and Subterranean. For for all of the information, see this previous post.
3. 47 Central is hosting a special night for Breast Cancer Awareness, starting at 8pm. The address is self explanatory. Bonus points if your costume is pink. Raffles.
4. Costume Party at Fran’s Place. DJ Mark Anthony plays top 40 and vocal house. No cover. 9pm at 776 Washington St.
1. Karaoke Costume Party at the Sand Bar. I suppose one could dress like the artists whose songs they sing? Any costume will do, or go as your spooky self. 714 Washington Street.
2. VJ Cliff at 47 Central. Watch what you hear. Costumes…likely. 9pm.
1. Halloween Party at Turbine, 56 Central Sq. Costumes optional. 9pm.
2. Check out Steve Burke and Friends at Walnut Street. Live Jazz and Funk without a cover. 8:30pm. 157 Walnut…
3. Halloween Party at the Brickyard, 163 Blossom Street. Prize for best costume.
4. Sweat it out Saturdays Halloween Party at Fran’s with Costume prizes. 9pm.
5. Special Seduction Saturdays Halloween Party with cash prizes and more. 47 Central. Located at 47 Central. 9pm to close.
6. Don White’s Sunday Open Mic dares you to wear a costume. 6pm. 157 Walnut Street Cafe.
6. Lynnway Sportcenter’s annual Halloween Bash. Free apps. 8-9. DJ at 9p. Costume prizes. (Does it count if you dress as a bowler?)
6. Latino Halloween Party at Fran’s hosted by Tisha Sterling. DJ Gordo. Best Costume. Best female drag. Best male drag. 776 Washington St. at 9pm.
Hey.. I know there’s lots more. Share it with LH in the comments below.
Other North Shore Bloggers Consortium picks:
Joey of Good Morning Gloucester,
Jane of Food and Fiction,
Kristen and Jill of North Shore Dish,
Rob and Laura of The Two Palaverers.