Here’s the editor’s weekly picks for the weekend. Enjoy!
1. North Shore Community College hosts its 26th community forum on tolerance. This year’s theme is Tolerance in a Time of Intolerance. 6:45 PM at the NSCC campus. For the complete story, see this earlier post.
2. At 7pm, the Lynn Museum and Historical Society hosts a Night of Gospel Music. It’s free, open to the public, and features the All Male Ensemble Choir Directed by Rev. Ted Maynard of Bethel A.M.E. Church, Reading by Bernadette Hickman-Maynard, and Follow Hymn Interfaith Choir, “Building Bridges Through Music, Inc.” Directed by Doreen Murray and Virginia Peacock-Makkers.
1. Kristina Musto plays original live music at Walnut Street Cafe, 157 Walnut Street, at 8:30pm. No cover.
1. McDonald Family Fundraiser at Lynnway Sportscenter. Raffles, Karaoke, and more. 5pm – close.
2. No Soap Radio at 157 Walnut. Original music and performance and camaraderie that’s not to be missed. 8:30pm.
1. TENS (Time Exchange North Shore) party at LHAND, 10 Church Street. 3 to 6pm, featuring DJ Seth, music of Dave Simmons and more. “Admission is free with free face painting and other kids activities. We invite you to support the ongoing work of TENS by participating in raffles, cookie walks, and more!”
2. Don White’s Open Mic at Walnut Street Cafe, 157…6p
Would you like your even on this list, or at least the calendar? Click on ‘CONTACT’ above and let us know what’s up! But for the Weekend Rundown, keep in mind that LH favors original music over covers, and anything unique or with a focus on community.
North Shore Blogger Consortium member picks:
Abby shares her picks from 5th Joy.
The wonderful Jane Ward has some great ideas over at Food and Fiction.
Choices from all over New England at The Two Palaverers.
North Shore Dish spices things up with their weekend picks here North Shore Dish