Thursday, March 3
Open mic at O’Brien’s Pub, hosted by Joe and Freddy at 9pm.
Friday, March 4
1. Brendan is at (157) Walnut Street Cafe with other young rap artists, starting 8:30pm.
2. Avalanche plays O’Briens Pub, 829 Boston Street at 9pm.
3. Fantasy Fridays at Fenix, 517 Washington Street starting 9 or 10pm. (Listed for the first time!)
Saturday, March 5
1. Arts After Hours, Bourbon Street at the LynnArts Neal Rantoul Vault Black Box Theatre, 25 Exchange Street. Admission $8 – Food, wine, and beer sold separately
7 – 9pm.
2011 AAH Award presented to The People’s Poet, Elizabeth McKim | The music of The Kings of New Orleans featuring Elephant Wrecking Ball | New Orleans inspired cuisine with The Blue Ox twist served by our chef for the evening, Matt O’Neil $5/ea | Beer and Wine from Turbine Wine bar $5/ea (after-party at Turbine starting at 9:30PM) | Spiral Glyphics fire spinning outside at 9PM | Body painting by Stake Airbrushing $10 See the full story here.
2. Drum Circle at Walnut Street, starting 8:30pm.
3. The Goods at Brickyard
4. Acoustic Outrage at O’Brien’s
Sunday, March 6
1. Domingos Rumberos Matinee at Fenix Discotec, 517 Washington Street (Check out details in the calendar), followed by Black Point performing his hits later that night.
2. Don White’s Open Mic at Walnut Street features Sophie Lovett, gets starting around 6:30-7-ish with the feature at 8:30pm.
3. Country Music at O’Briens Pub
As always, check the calendar and special postings for more info. To contribute to the Calendar or the Rundown, submit your happenings here.
North Shore Blogger Consortium Picks will appear when ready, below:
From Rob and Laura, The Two Palaverers, click here.
Kimmy Bingham’s picks are here.
Jane Ward has some great ideas, over at Food and Fiction.