Thursday, March 10
Check your options on the right or head to your local and start the weekend early.
Friday, March 11
1. TLGUTS, (The Little Gallery Under the Stairs) continues to raise the bar in DTL , launching monthly film screenings. Originally scheduled to start earlier, it starts this Friday with The Radiant Child. “Each month we will screen a film related to the arts, including independent film projects, and host a social immediately following the film,” says gallery owner Jocelyn Almy-Testa.
Directed by Tamra Davis, the The Radiant Child: Jean-Michel Basquiat documentary features never-before seen footage of the prolific artist painting, talking about his art, and existing in the two years prior to his death in 1988. This film was selected by Sundance in 2010.
8pm, $7.00 Seating is limited. Advance tickets may still be available (if you’re lucky) online.
2. Kristina Musto performs originals at Walnut Street Cafe. 8:30pm over at 157, by the Richdales.
3. Get out your go-go boots!! Dress like “Swinging London” in the 60’s or just run fast through your closet and go with whatever sticks, because DJ Seth is back for 2nd Fridays at Turbine. 9pm at 56 Central Square. 21+, mods and rockers welcome. No cover. Genres include Soul, Ska, British Invasion (60’s rock), Mod Revival and more.
Saturday, March 12
1. Start the day with two art openings in the LynnArts complex. In the Willow Gallery, there’s FIZZ, with new works by Valera Velev, and there’s also a juried photography show, called Capturing Time. Live music will be provided by Guys and Dahl. Cash bar. Just 2-4pm at 25 Exchange Street, so don’t miss it!
2. Women of Ireland are at the Lynn Auditorium, doors at 6:30pm. Click here for tickets and information.
3. Purpose is performing at Walnut Street Cafe. Original and R&B covers. 8:30pm.
Sunday, March 13
1. Mass Theatrica presents Ruddigore in the Neal Rantoul Black Box Theatre at 3pm – a read through with NEGASS. 25 Exchange Street. For more information and tickets, visit masstheatrica.org.
2. Don White’s Open Mic at Walnut Street Cafe starts around 7pm, with a feature performance.
3. Comedy Open Mic at Tatiana’s, 8pm, with a headlining performance.
As always, check the column to your right for more options and submit your happenings here.
North Shore Blogger Consortium Picks will appear as the come in:
Jane Ward has some great ideas, over at Food and Fiction.