Thursday, March 17
It’s Evacuation Day, which means it’s also St. Patrick’s Day. What are you doing? Only the Sand Bar let us in on their party, but there’s no way they’re the only place in Lynn with something special going on. Well, they already started, but the Slushpuppies go on at 6:45pm. 714 Washington Street.
Friday, March 18
1. The Brickyard on 163 Blossom Street is having something called a Pageant Party at 6pm.
2. Jimmy Tingle is at St. Stephen’s Church, 74 South Street on the Lynn Common, at 8pm for the first Community Coffee House. This fundraiser for ECCO (Essex County Community Organization) is hosted by local legend Don White and TLGUTS. Tickets are available HERE for $20. LynnHappens will be there.
3. Engine Judy plays originals at Walnut Street Cafe at 8:30 pm. 157.
4. Paris Burning is at O’Brien’s Pub, 829 Boston Street, starting 9pm.
Saturday, March 19
1. Munroe Street Cleanup in DTL, organized by Juan Gonzalez of Fernando’s. 10am. Free coffee. Arrive before 10am for coffee.
2. Kansas. That’s right – KANSAS. Lynn Auditorium. See them because you’re a fan, or see them just because they’re playing in your very own City Hall, and they’re Kansas. 7pm. More information here.
3. Tony Gallo plays originals and covers at Walnut Street Cafe starting 8:30pm.
Sunday, March 20
1. St. Patrick’s Day 5k “Recovery Run” at Hibernian Hall. More information under the Happens columns to your right.
2. Pesky J. Nixon is this week’s feature at Don White’s Sunday Night Open Mic at 157 Walnut Street (Cafe). 6:30-ish.
As always, this isn’t everything. There’s more in the columns to the right. If your favorite venue isn’t sending their schedules to LynnHappens, they’re missing out on a free marketing opportunity in Lynn’s only nightlife calendar. Nudge them a little, then send them here to submit their happenings. Or if they’re old school, UPSIDEMEDIA, 7 Central Sq., Unit 303, Lynn, MA. 01901.