Lynn Happens was several places at once tonight, none of which were conducive to getting the Rundown out to include Thursday events. There were so many big things happening tonight, this week really needed two Thursdays.
Starting with Friday, 5/13
1. Delvis plays original rock and folk at Walnut Street Cafe. #157. 8:30pm.
2. Starlight Grey graces Lynnway Sportscenter at 9pm. 21+
3. DJ Seth (that’s me), presents The Modern World at Turbine, 56 Central Square at 9pm. Mid Century Modern sounds to now sounds, including British Invasion, Northern Soul, Ska, Mod Revival and more. Safe parking for Vespas and Lambrettas.
1. Get up early for the Pepsi Sponsored Lynn Woods Cleanup at 8am.Meet at the Pennybrook Road Entrance.
2. Sluice Pond is cleaning up too, at 9am. Meet at the Four Winds gate at 265 Broadway and bring your gloves.
3. There’s a Recurring Dream Foundation Fundraiser at Turbine, 56 Central Square at 7pm. Help provide opportunities for children and young adults to develop a love for music. $20 suggested donation. Door prize. 50/50 raffle. Cash bar.
4. Kristina Musto plays originals (and maybe a few covers) at Walnut Street Cafe. 8:30pm.
5. Cease & Desist and The Stampede rock the Sand Bar at 9pm. 714 Washington Street.
1. Don White’s Open Mic features Janet Feld and starts about 6:30-ish at Walnut Street Cafe.
2. Tatiana’s Comedy Open Mic is at 8pm for a few laughs. 70 Market Street.
Remember, if it’s not listed here, you probably didn’t tell LynnHappens.
North Shore Bloggers Consortium Picks…below!
Kimmy Bingham of Lighter and Local posts her fun line up of events here.
Jill and Kristen of North Shore Dish direct you to some great finds here.
Rob and Laura, The Two Palaverers, as always have some super picks here.
The wonderful Jane Ward has some great ideas, over at Food and Fiction.