1. Mentioning this recurring event because it’s new: Yoga Fridays at the Lynn Museum, 590 Washington Street, 1 – 2pm. $10 per session.
2. Familiar Strangers play the Walnut Street Cafe, 157 Walnut Street, 8:30pm. That sounds strangely familiar.
3. Your LynnHappens editor DJ Seth makes a ruckus at the Sand Bar with off-the-beaten-path rock-n-roll and excessive-hyphenation. You can probably expect some 80’s, garage-rock, punk, a smattering of old metal, and some guilty pop pleasures should the guilty choose to join us. 9pm at 714 Washington Street. I’m warning you, now – I don’t even have Gangnam Style.
4. Jerry Staford is at Buchanan Cafe with a solo set, 648 Eastern Ave – where it meets Western Ave, 9pm.
5. Rockage rocks Foul Play, the place formerly known as JD’s at 159 Lewis Street, 9pm.
1. There’s a wine and cheese fundraiser at Centerboard, 16 City Hall Square, for Haitian Action Orphan’s Mission, Inc. (HAOM) 6 – 10pm, $15 per person, $25 per couple. RSVP info is in calendar listing.
2. There’s a Khmer Cultural Planning Committee Fundraiser at the Franc0-American, 535 Western Ave., 6 – 11pm, with the 4U Band, food and more. $25.
3. The Friends of Lynn Woods Wine Tasting Fund Raiser at the Gannon Golf Course Clubhouse will feature Kevin Kennedy on keys and run from 8pm – 11pm. $30 a person/$50 per couple. Visit flw.org for more information and for tickets – if they are still available!
4. Lost and Lonely play Walnut Street Cafe, 157 Walnut Street at 8:30pm.
5. Stomping Melvin stomp the Sand Bar, 714 Washington Street, 9pm.
6. Two out of however many folks are in High Rock Tower are playing the Brickyard, 163 Blossom Street, 9pm. Two Rock Tower.
7. Gabba gabba hey, there’s a Ramones tribute at O’Brien’s Pub, 829 Boston Street, pm with Demon’s Alley, Damn Shame, and Warthog.
8. Stephen Ferrara Band is at Buchanan’s Cafe, located at the perpendicular intersection of Eastern and Western Avenues, 9pm.
9. Joe Mack is back with his band at Celley’s Pub, 742 Western Ave, 9pm.
10. The Strungout Playboys play Rolly’s Tavern in Wyoma Square, 338 Broadway, at 9pm.
11. Big D Productions are at Foul Play (that place that used to be JD’s) 159 Lewis Street, 9pm.
Don White’s Sunday Open Mic features Hannah Cranton at 157 Walnut Street Cafe with signups at 7 and a start time around 7:30pm.
I know this isn’t everything, so how do you get listed in Lynn’s only nightlife calendar? You tell the Happens. (Psst! Click on the word “tell”) You can find the rest of the week as well as more weekend options to your right. Also, sometimes venues don’t notify us of changes. You can help the Happens help your business by dropping a note. Thanks!