Editor’s note: I have not heard nor seen much from venues for this weekend. Perhaps they’re on vacation, or at least on vacation from email and social media. A lack of listings doesn’t mean things aren’t happening, however. Nudge your favorite place to send listings in advance to email@example.com. Whether they think they need the publicity or not, their listing here helps to promote the city as a whole.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend.
RED ROCK CONCERT AND FIREWORKS MOVED TO SUNDAY
1. Highlands Coalition annual Frederick Douglass reading at High Rock Tower with pony rides, food, live music and more. It’s on, as scheduled at 6pm. See post.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July. No reports of cancelled or moved block parties. Check with your neighbors to know for sure. However, the Pine Hill 4th of July Parade is rescheduled for July 12.
A Lil’ Lost is playing 157 Walnut Street Cafe at 8:30pm.
1. Lois Lane & the Daily Planets are at Red Rock Park, brought to you by Friends of Lynn & Nahant Beach, from 7pm to 9pm.
2. Lynn Shore Drive closes to vehicular traffic at 7:30pm.
3. The open mic at 157 Walnut Street Cafe features Nick Zaino and is hosted by Dickie Krause at about 7:30pm.
4. The Lynn/Swampscott combined fireworks start 9-9:15pm. Please be sure to support local businesses that are gracious enough to be open after the fireworks.