1. Hear one-thousand years of church music in one hour at the First Lutheran Organ Concert, 280 Broadway, Lynn, 6 to 7pm.
2. 5th Annual History & Hops beer tasting at the Lynn Museum, 590 Washington Street to benefit educational programs. $15 non-members, $10 members, 21+ Wide array of beers and music by DJ Seth. Learn more in the full post.
3. Haley’s Hope Foundation is holding its 4th Youth Suicide Prevention & Awareness fundraiser at the Knights of Columbus, 177 Lynnfield Street, with raffles, silent auction, food by Texas Roadhouse and Lynn culinary students — more info and tickets on their web site.
4. Boz Scaggs is at the Lynn Auditorium, doors 6:30pm and show 8pm.
5. Arts After Hours presents Cannibal! the Musical at the Neal Rantoul Black Box Theatre in LynnArts, 25 Exchange Street at 8pm. Opening night! Please see artsafterhours.com for tickets further information.
6. Andrew DiMarzo is at 157 Walnut Street Cafe at 8:30pm.
7. Boston Pub Rockers play Celley’s Pub, 742 Western Ave., 9pm.
8. Fran’s is having DJ Deejah Livity for a Reggae night. 18+ No cover before 10pm at 776 Washington Street.
1. Dungeon Rock Pirate Day starts 11am and runs through 3pm at the Pennybrook Road entrance to Lynn Woods. Reservations filling up. Tours every 10 minutes. Call Parks & Rec. at 781-477-7096. See post for more details.
2. No Roof Left Behind BBQ Noon to 3pm at 75 Seymour Ave., free — See what it’s all about in the post.
3. Nicolette Nordin-Heavey tells stories for families and children 6+ at the Lynn Public Library for free, 1:30 to 2:30pm.
4. States of Terror art show opens at Visionspace Gallery, 16 City Hall Square, 6 to 9pm. See post.
5. Arts After Hours presents Cannibal! the Musical at the Neal Rantoul Black Box Theatre in LynnArts, 25 Exchange Street at 8pm. Please see artsafterhours.com for tickets further information.
6. Strungout Playboys play 157 Walnut Street Cafe at 8:30pm.
7. Rockage rocks the Brickyard, 163 Blossom Street, 9pm.
8. Psychedelic Relics are at O’Brien’s Pub, 829 Boston Street, 9pm.
9. 3 Fat Cats play Lazy Dog, 328a Broadway (Wyoma Sq), 10pm.
1. A Taste of Swampscott takes place at Swampscott High School 1 to 3:30pm. Many local eateries are featured, including some from Lynn. Senior Citizens & Students $15, under 12 are $10 and at the door it’s $20.
2. Arts After Hours presents Cannibal! the Musical at the Neal Rantoul Black Box Theatre in LynnArts, 25 Exchange Street at 3pm. Please see artsafterhours.com for tickets further information.
3. The open mic at 157 Walnut Street Cafe features Lauren Christie and starts about 7:30pm.
New – check the calendar for select events happening elsewhere on the North Shore