Here’s some of what’s going on in Lynn this weekend. Check the left sidebar for a whole lot more. Venues, make sure you send your Thanksgiving Eve events to email@example.com! If you’re from Lynn, you know what this means.
1. Sacred Heart Parish Harvest Festival at the Parish Hall, 571 Boston Street, 2pm to 8pm. See post for details.
2. Celebrate public art downtown with three new public art installations in/near Central Square with the Downtown Lynn Cultural District, RAW Art Works, LynnArts and Visionspace Gallery 3pm to 7pm. Meet the artists and enjoy refreshments. More details in the post.
3. Teamwork for Toga Fundraiser at St. Michael’s Hall, 25 Elmwood Avenue, to help with the medical costs that Anthony Toga Frascone has incurred since his diagnosis of Stills disease. Raffles, auction items, and live music with Brian Munger, One and Done and Team Toga All-Star Ensemble. $10 at the door.
4. Comedy at Walnut Street Cafe – Building Community Series and Shel-Shok Entertainment present “Don’t Laugh, I’m Just Trying to be Funny” at 157 Walnut Street Cafe. Shows at 8pm and 9:30pm.
5. Drivin’ Blind plays Celley’s Pub, 742 Western Ave., 9pm.
1. Sacred Heart Parish Harvest Festival at the Parish Hall, 571 Boston Street, 9am to 3pm. See post for details.
2. Nicolette Nordin-Heavey tells family friendly stories at the Lynn Public Library for children 6+ on topics such as fairness, courage and dreams. Snacks provided. Free – 1:30 to 2:30pm.
3. LYSOA – Lynn Youth Street Outreach Advocacy Program Casino Night at Old Tyme Italian, 612 Boston Street. $10 admission buys 10 chips at the door. 7pm.
4. A Lil’ Lost at 157 Walnut Street Cafe, 8:30pm.
5. Jump Ship is at the Brickyard, 163 Blossom Street, 9pm.
6. Fran’s Place is having an 80’s Party. Wear your best 80’s club clothes to 776 Washington Street at 10pm. 18+
1. The Marblehead Arts Association is having a Members Exhibit and dedication of a new area displaying the work of renowned Marblehead watercolorist Nordia Kay at 8 Hooper Street, 2pm to 4pm.
2. The open mic at 157 Walnut Street Cafe features Eric Houde and begins about 7:30-ish.