Here’s some of what’s going on in Lynn this weekend. Check the left sidebar for a whole lot more. Venues, make sure you send your Thanksgiving Eve events to email@example.com! If you’re from Lynn, you know what this means.
1. Comedy at Fran’s Place, 776 Washington Street, 8pm to 10pm.
2. Buddy Guy with Quinn Sullivan at Lynn Auditorium, 3 City Hall Square, 8pm.
3. Andrew DiMarzo at 157 Walnut Street Cafe, 8:30pm.
4. Acting Up is at Celley’s Pub, 742 Western Ave., 9pm.
5. Brown Chicken Brown Cow plays Lynnway Sportscenter 497 Lynnway, 9pm.
6. Bonefish are at Buchanan Cafe, 648 Eastern Ave., 9:30pm.
1. Artists Talk at the Library – Start the day with coffee, pastries and a Q&A/talk featuring the artists who created the mural on the side of LynnArts at the Lynn Public Library, 5 North Common Street, 10am.
2. Storytime at the Lynn Public Library with Nicolette Nordin-Heavey for families and children 6+ on topics such as fairness, courage and dreams. Snacks provided. Free. 1:30 to 2:30pm.
3. Hope for Creativity Auction and party at the Neal Rantoul Black Box Theatre in LynnArts, 25 Exchange Street 6 to 10pm. $40 at the door. See post for more information.
4. “Artists at the Atlantic” annual Silent Auction and Fundraiser at the Lynn Museum, 590 Washington Street, 7 to 10pm. “Auction items include contemporary art from the exhibit. Enjoy light refreshments & cash bar as you bid on your own piece of Lynn Beach!” Benefits the Lynn Museum and LynnArts.
5. There’s a Best and Worst Tattoo Contest at Fran’s Place with professional artists as judges, prizes and more. 18+ at 76 Washington Street, 8pm. See post.
6. Martina McBride performs at the Lynn Auditorium, 3 City Hall Square, 8pm.
7. Not Bothered to be at 157 Walnut Street Cafe, 8:30pm.
8. 80’s Reunion Band plays Lazy Dog, 328a Broadway (Wyoma Sq.) 9pm.
9. Model Citizen plays Buchanan Cafe, 648 Eastern Ave., 9:30pm.
1. Autumn Arts and Music Festival to benefit Extras for Creative Reuse and Sound Harbor with 10 live bands, 15 art vendors, raffles and more at the Hive, 11 Pleasant Street, Gloucester, 2pm to 10pm. $5. See post.
2. The open mic at 157 Walnut Street Cafe features John DiTomaso and is hosted by Dave Simmons at 7:30pm.