and more information from the city website, for folks who haven’t looked there –
Storm Related Announcements and Updates: Updated Sunday Feb. 8th 10:45 AM – Due To The Continuing Snow Storm, All Lynn Public Schools Will Be Closed Tomorrow, February 9, 2015.
– A SNOW EMERGENCY/PARKING BAN Will BE IN EFFECT AT 12 PM; SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2015
All applicable parking, ticketing, related ordinances and laws are in effect. All parked vehicles must be removed from city streets. The Snow Emergency will be in effect until the storm has passed and the streets have been cleared of snow and ice.
– Towed vehicles can be claimed at the parking lot behind Fire Headquarters at 725 Western Avenue, entrance on Federal Street.
Vehicles parked on public streets or sidewalks after 12:00 p.m. are subject to a $50.00 parking ticket and $155.00 tow fee. Additionally, there is a $35.00 per day storage fee if your car is towed.
– DPW Phone Line | The DPW phone line is open for snow removal and plowing requests 24/7 at (781) 268-8000. Visit the DPW Snow Emergency page to contact us or for more information.
*Please direct storm related concerns to the DPW phone line, (781) 477-7099 and all emergencies to 911.
– Sidewalks | Contact the Inspectional Services Department for any Sidewalk snow and icy issues.
Click here to contact us or for more information.
– Trash | Watch here for a trash and recycling update. If your trash pickup was missed last week due to the blizzard, call the DPW at (781) 268-8000.
– Fire Hydrants | The Fire Department is trying their best to locate and remove snow from around fire hydrants. Assistance from residents is greatly appreciated. They will try to get to all of the hydrants by the weekend.
– When Schools Reopen | Please use caution and allow additional time when walking or driving to school. Snowbanks are high, which may make it difficult for drivers to see walkers.
Streets are very narrow and traffic congestion may be worse than usual. Bus transportation schedules may experience delays. Please be patient.