2. Brown Chicken Brown Cow just about filled Buchanan’s Saturday night.
Now, in living color:
3. This isn’t music related in the least, but R.F. O’Sullivan’s opened at 151 Central Ave. in downtown Lynn Saturday. However, the double-sided gas fireplace in their exterior wall wasn’t lit. So, it was nice at least to warm up to the above-pictured LCD fire at Buchanan’s.
4. Can’t mention R.F. O’Sullivans without mentioning Bruno’s Bar+Burger on Western Ave. where Player’s used to be, and don’t forget the Blue Ox has won awards for its burgers. I felt a disturbance in the force and it was Yoda saying, “Begun, the burger wars have.”
5. The family-friendly April’s Restaurant and Pub has been open a short while at 41 Buffum Street, formerly the site of Olympic Gardens and Caesar’s Palace. It had a decent-sized brunch crowd this past Sunday.
6. If you’re a caffeine-fiend get yourself over to the brand new Cafe Moka, 56 Central Square between the hours of 6:45am and 3pm Mon-Fri / until 2pm Saturdays for locally roasted espresso and drip-based coffees and other cafe fare. The place does have a liquor license, so it’s entirely possible hours and libations may expand at some point. This is the space previously occupied by Turbine and the original Gulu-Gulu Cafe.
Have any Bars of Lynn updates or entertainment info for the calendar? Well, send them in already to email@example.com.