Maybe this will be an every week thing, maybe not. If you’re out in Lynn on any given night and have a photo to share, use #barsoflynn on fb or twitter and it may make the next update.
All ©LynnHappens photos are from Saturday, March 21, 2015
1. Your editor caught the Open Arms Pub Crawl fundraiser at the Lido Cafe, their second to last stop. Colt Mallett says they brought in $1700 for The Melanson Charitable Corporation, named in honor of Anthony Melanson.
2. Next stop was a combined Vegas Night fundraiser for Pine Hill and Lynn Shore Little Leagues at the Knights of Pythias.
3. Shuffle Mode with Kevin Kennedy played the Lazy Dog. It wasn’t possible to get the whole band in one photo.
4. Dave Simmons of Lynn hosted his annual theme night at Gulu-Gulu Cafe in Salem. The cafe isn’t in Lynn anymore, but a lot of Lynners were in the cafe. This year was British Folk. See the original calendar listing for the list of performers and more info.
5. It was J.D’s, then Foul Play, and after closing a while it’s J.D.’s all over again. The latest version has been open about a month. As of now they have bands once in a while, but the bartender Saturday night said there isn’t yet a regular schedule.
#barsoflynn folks checking in:
– Sean Lobdell enjoyed a Whistle Pig (lower right) at the Blue Ox Saturday night. No, he didn’t drink all the Bulleit. The Ox uses the spent bourbon bottles for water.
– For those who prefer their drinks caffeinated and not alcoholated Patrick Nelson reports the guest wifi network is up at Cafe Moka. (no photo – but how would you photograph wifi, it’s invisible)
– Patrick also reports “Great performances by Jeff Savlon & Ponyfish at Walnut Street Cafe Saturday night
– Carlos Peralta shares the brunch scene at Tatiana’s – “Sunday morning NHL and a Bloody Mary or two!!”
All you have to do is #barsoflynn, preferably with a photo on either FB or Twitter and it may be shared in one of these updates.
Check out the past Bars of Lynn posts, here.