Water Restriction Notice 2:
Electric Boogaloo elevated to ‘Limited Restriction Condition’
From the Lynn Water & Sewer Commission –
Water Restriction Notice 2: Please be advised the water restriction has been elevated to a ‘Limited Restriction Condition’
What does this mean? The sustained pattern of dry weather has put the Greater Boston area into more extreme drought conditions. As a result, Lynn’s reservoir system has been reduced to below 50% of its maximum capacity.
In an effort to relieve the demand on Lynn’s drinking water supply, LWSC is requesting the cooperation of all Lynn residents, municipal departments, restaurants, and businesses in conserving water during this time.
In addition to reducing daily household water use, LWSC is requesting the following conservation measures:
– Fire hydrants are to be used for firefighting only.
– Restaurants are asked to serve water only upon customer request.
– All residents and businesses are asked to refrain from any outside water usage.
Actions by LWSC:
– LWSC has ranked water leak repairs as a high priority item for its crews.
– LWSC will monitor conditions throughout the City of Lynn to assure these limitations are being implemented, and warnings for violations will be issued.
To see the full notice, please see the LWSC Website:http://www.lynnwatersewer.org/
To read more about water conservation practices and which household items use the most water, visit the EPA’s WaterSense Page:https://www3.epa.gov/watersense/pubs/indoor.html
Your efforts to conserve and preserve our precious resource are greatly appreciated!