1. Free story time at North Shore Community College, 300 Broad Street in the gym. For ages 2 – 6. Caregivers must stay with children. The program will include stories NSCC students have written for kids.
2. Operation Bootstrap Fundraiser at the Lynn Museum, 590 Washington Street, 6 – 9pm. Tickets are $50 and will be available at the door. Mary Sarris, Exec. Director of Northshore Workforce Investment Board will be honored. Performers include Cultura Latina.
3. The South African film, Invictus, will screen at North Shore Community College room LE203, 300 Broad Street, 6:30pm. Discussion follows. Some content may not be suitable for children.
4. Benefit for the Torres family, who lost their home in a fire, at Hibernian Hall, 103 Federal Street, 7 – 11pm. $15 for one, $25 for two.
5. The Bobby and Lisa Show at Walnut Street Cafe, 157 Walnut Street, 7:30pm.
6. Kevin G. Moore Band plays 157 Walnut Street Cafe at 8:30pm.
7. High Rock Tower plays O’Brien’s, 829 Boston Street, 9pm. “HRT will be donating all band proceedings and door money collected at the 4/26 gig at O’Brien’s to ‘Eddie’s Kidney Kampaign’.”
8. Modern Approach plays Foul Play/JD’s, 159 Lewis Street, 9pm.
1. Cleanup the downtown with Without Borders Magazine. Meet at City Hall at 8:30am with work gloves. Sign up on this page.
2. Pine Hill Little League opening ceremonies begin 8:30am at Gallagher Park.
3. Help clean Lynn Woods with teams from NSCC and your neighbors at 9am, Pennybrook Road entrance.
4. Help the Lynn Community Association clean Barry Park at 11am.
5. West Lynn Little League opening ceremonies begin at 11am at Flynn Field.
6. Khmer New Year Annual Fair with live music, food, vendors, games and more on the Lynn Common, 11am to 6pm.
7. Kirsten and Dave play at Lynn Woods to celebrate the cleanup at 11:30am, Pennybrook Road entrance.
8. Hayley Reardon and Friends are at Walnut Street Cafe, 157 Walnut Street, 7:30pm.
9. The Community Brotherhood and Auxiliary of Lynn “Spring into Summer Fling Fashion Show” is at the Community Brotherhood of Lynn, 15 Coburn Street. Cocktails at 8, show at 9pm. $10 adv. $15 door.
10. The Party Crashers hit the Brickyard, 163 Blossom Street, 9pm.
11. MaryBeth Maes Band plays the Sand Bar, 714 Washington Street, 9pm.
12. The 12:01 Blues Band is at Celley’s, 742 Western Ave., 9pm.
13. Strungout Playboys at Rolly’s, 338 Broadway, Wyoma Square, 9pm.
1. Meet at Tides in Nahant for the Lynn YMCA 5k at noon.
2. “Grin and Share It” Lynn Shelter Association Annual Comedy Fundraiser at Montvale Plaza, 54 Montvale Street, 6 – 9pm. $60 a ticket. lsahome.org for more information.
3. “We Are One With Boston” Last mile and vigil meets 6pm at North Shore Community College, 300 Broad Street.
4. Don White’s Sunday Open Mic at Walnut Street Cafe features Jeff Savlon and starts around 7:30pm.
Now, the not-so-fine print:
There’s more to the right, but, as I always say – I know this isn’t everything. So how do you get listed in Lynn’s only nightlife calendar? You tell the Happens. (Psst! Click on the word “tell”) You can find the rest of the week as well as more weekend options to your right. Also, sometimes venues don’t notify us of changes. You can help the Happens help your business by dropping a note. Thanks!